Tuesday, October 4, 2011

World Animal Day!

According to my friend Daan  - a cutey-pie blogger who lives in the Netherlands, today is World Animal Day!

So of course, this means (from wikipedia) on this day, animal life in all its forms is celebrated, and special events are planned on locations all over the globe. 4 October was originally chosen for World Animal Day because it is the feast day of Francis of Assisi, a nature lover and patron saint of animals. Numerous churches throughout the world observe the Sunday closest to 4 October with a Blessing for the Animals.

Which I find hilarious since according toCatholic teachings animals have no souls so why would you bother to bless them? Go Figure. Religion isn't supposed to be logical, right?

Since it was started, it has grown past the xtian tie-in and is now celebrated by all sorts of folks all over the world.

Here in my world, where my views and opinions are what count, I have decided to put a fun twist on the event...

So let's get on with it! Let's celebrate animals!


 Meow! I could tangle with this kitteh!

And I wouldn't mind taking this bull by the horns either.

 Is he psychic or just thinking hard?

  
Why weren't cartoons this hot when I was a kid?

 
 A Cougar I could get into...

 See Madge? I told you Unicorns were real!


Thanks to the repeal of DADT even the bun-buns can come out now!

 
 He looks like he is getting into the spirit - 2 more beers and the ttop might come off!


 
 These two are taking it to an interesting and artistic extreme


Last but not least, a Wolfman...lol fer realz!

I hope your World Animal Day was as fun as mine!

1 comment:

  1. I so never thought I would be turned on by a dog man!!!! That is just hot, I don't know why.

    ReplyDelete