Thursday, September 1, 2011

I wanted Hidden Treasure but all I got was a leaky pond!

Dual post today....

The hubby woke me up this morning to show me that the pond had somehow started to drain into the yard!

It should have been this full....(last year)

But was much more like this...okay maybe I am exaggerating a little....

Anywhore, it is back to looking like this...

The problem? The creek (which you cant see in the pic) had a wall partially settle too low (I am blaming the big goofy dog knocking into it) and the bog was constipated with sludge...(the part with the big grasses in far end of the pond).

The combination of the two problems provided for a lovely and nutritious flood for the yard weeds to enjoy and distressed the fishies and turtles who were probably wondering why their two legged gods were punishing them...


So the next step is to have a couple or three contractors out to give me an estimate for shoring up the creek and maybe doing some finishing work on the pond so I can stop stressing over this 2 year old project...

With any luck, at least one of the contractors will be yummy and maybe I will get some hidden treasure after all...

 a tad lower please?
 oh my, he is trying to say hello sir!
oh just move your hand and let me drool please!

I hope your day is glorious!

1 comment:

  1. I used to break pipes to just get the hot plumber to come visit. You know the one, with the tight tee and the jeans that leave nothing to the imagination? Well to my surprise he got moved to another area, and now I get the real fat one with the coin slot showing, who drinks up all the coffee!!!

    ReplyDelete