Monday, May 16, 2011

NCAC 2011

What is NCAC you ask? It's the NorCal AIDS Cycle - an annual fundraising cycling event that starts and ends here in Sacramento.

This year was the 7th event. I am a founding member of the event and I have crewed and helped organize it every year since it began.

2011 was a banner year for NCAC - we recruited over 145 people - 101 cyclists and 44 crew - and raised over $250,000 for Northern California HIV/AIDS agencies, Client Services and HIV Prevention Programs.

I was in charge of the camp truck and helping to herd the rest stop crew into some semblance of order - and of course, like I usually do, I ended up with a few extra jobs along the way - but someone has to do it and it might as well be me!  :-)

I have uploaded a bunch of pics in no particular order (because I am EXHAUSTED) - some are crew, some are riders, some are scenery.

If you would like to know more please follow the link! It is an exceptional event to be a part of every year!

Three of our outstanding riders and fundraisers - these 3 represent over $50k in fundraising!

Some of the crew - the folks that make the ride a success for the cyclists over the 4 day trek.
The hailstones that greeted us just before closing ceremony!


The mantra for our cyclists!

Getting ready to ride out on day 1 at 6am!





Princess Butterbutt






Closing ceremony on the west steps of the California State Capitol!















No comments:

Post a Comment