Wednesday, January 19, 2011

With a rebel yell, more, more, more!

In the midnight hour, babe, more, more, more! More, more, more!

About one in a million people might notice that I just mixed up the lyrics there. 

As if I cared :)

So last night I noticed we were getting low on kimchi so I mixed up a fresh batch using a new recipe. This new recipe used a thinly sliced pear instead of any added sugar and it also omits the rice wine vinegar. I am really hoping it tastes as good as the last batch.

The last batch is so dang tasty that the only thing holding me back from simply eating it all in one big binge is the fact that I purposefully made it really hot. So hot that I start to sweat after about 2 bites. Muahahahahahahaha! Tasty!

Here is what a freshly packed jar of kimchi looks like as it is setting in for the 3-5 day wait for fermentation to begin:
Pretty, isn't it?

It is difficult not to pop open the jar and eat some early. It smelled divine as I was mixing it. I will let you know how it tastes in a few days!

A close friend of mine told me last night he thought I was turning into an old lady. When I asked why he told me that I go to bed early (true, otherwise its hard to hit the gym at 5:30 am), I bake and cook an awful lot (so true),  I like to garden and then can my own vegetables and I can be very crabby.

All very true points...I told him I wasn't giving up my peen anytime soon so old lady status would have to wait...

hugs and happy hump & bump day!

-Craig

1 comment:

  1. hmmmmm....I'm going to have to internet this jarred concoction??

    ReplyDelete